Supported browsers and devices
It's fine to support devices and browsers not listed here if analytics show that they're popular with your users.
* Browser versions auto update without user intervention, so the full supported version is the 2 most recent non-beta versions and partial support is the third most recent non-beta version.
** The standard smart phone given to Co-op colleagues. It has low usage but you may need to support it.
Levels of support
Fully supported browsers
‘Full support’ means:
- all content must be readable and usable
- all functionality must work
- variations to the presentation of content must be minimised
- the CSS (where used) must be rendered by supported web browsers that present a fully-styled version of the page
- pages should be developed to maximise the user experience for the browser that has the highest proportion of users
Partially supported browsers
‘Partial support’ means:
- all core content must be readable and usable
- navigation must work
- any degradation to functionality must be graceful degradation
- any degradation to presentation must not obscure content
We do not support IE 8, Windows Phone, Blackberry and Opera because not many of our customers use them.
We’ll update the browser support matrix as new versions become available and when our users' choice of browser changes.